In this episode, Ellen Gottesdiener shares an effective approach to discovering product requirements. You will understand how to break out of being an order taker and become a product co-creator.
Ellen’s holistic approach to requirements discovery includes a mindset shift that needs to take place to recast stakeholders as product partners, how to get everyone on the same page and focused on the most valuable, near term product options. You will find out how to create a structured conversation that will allow you to collaborate and decide what to work on first.
In this episode, Ellen shares with us:
- How to better collaborate with customers and stakeholders
- An approach for understanding and developing a shared understanding of value
- How you can create planning horizons to focus discussions
- A holistic framework for discovering product requirements
Links mentioned in this episode
- The Discover to Deliver website: http://discovertodeliver.com/
- Article: It’s the Goal, Not the Role
- Resources from the Discover to Deliver website: http://www.discovertodeliver.com/resource.php
- Discover to Deliver – Get the Book! Discover to Deliver – Agile Product Planning and Analysis
Don’t forget – you can get a 20% discount on Ellen and Mary’s book by going to her website and using the coupon code MBAD2D
Thank you for listening to the program
To get more valuable content to enhance your skills and advance your career, you can subscribe on iTunes.
Also, reviews on iTunes are highly appreciated! I read each review and it helps keep me motivated to continue to bring you valuable content each week.