Laura Brandenburg shares her framework for career development; the Business Analyst Success Path.
Many Business Analysts struggle to understand how to get to the next step in their career. The way to advance in your career depends on where you are now. Charting your career path includes defining the “as is” and “to be” of your career.
Laura’s Business Analyst Success Path framework highlights six stages.
- Explorer – This is when you’re first exploring the Business Analysis profession. You’re not yet committed to the BA role as a career.
- Intentional – You’ve made the decision to commit to being a Business Analyst.
- Official – You’re in an official Business Analyst role either with or without the actual title and you’re performing business analysis activities.
- Proven – You have a solid track record as a Business Analyst. Your experience may be within one specific area.
- Super Hero – You are confident that you can succeed in any project situation and you’re often sought after because people trust you and your work.
- Champion – You’re an expert in business analysis and a champion for the role. You can mentor, lead, train, and manage others. You may also establish frameworks that enable others to be successful.
Listen to the full episode to understand how to progress from one stage to the next and grow in your career as a Business Analyst.
First, be clear on where you are now and where you want to be. From there, determine the specific action steps you must take to move towards your desired state. After three to six months, reevaluate where you are and where you want to go in your career.
Bridging The Gap
Thank you for listening to the program
To get more valuable content to enhance your skills and advance your career, you can subscribe on iTunes and other podcatchers.
Also, reviews on iTunes are highly appreciated! I read each review and it helps keep me motivated to continue to bring you valuable content each week.