Grant Wright Shares simple Visual Thinking tools and practices to help your team get aligned and retain information.
Do you want to increase retention of information, ensure alignment and a shared understanding, and increase creativity? Visual Thinking can help get everyone on the same page, increase the team’s ability to solve problems, and help everyone remember what was discussed.
Listen to the full episode to understand the tools and techniques of Visual Thinking and how they can benefit you on your next initiative.
Useful books on Visual Thinking:
- The Sketchnote Handbook by Mike Rohde
- The Sketchnote Workbook by Mike Rohde
- Visual Thinking by Willemien Brand
- The Non-Designer’s Design Book – Design and Typographic Principles for the Visual Novice by Robin Williams
- Thinking With Your Pen by Martin Haussmann
Other related books:
- The Art of Explanation – Making your ideas, products & services easier to understand by Lee Lefever
- Resonate – Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences by Nancy Duarte
Other useful resources:
- Www.verbaltovisual.com – Doug Neil – great videos on sketch noting, suitable for beginners
- Www.gamestorming.com – Dave Gray’s co-creation tools with lots of great visual facilitation ideas
- Www.xplane.com – Dave Gray’s consulting company – useful blog & other info
- Www.innovationgames.com – Luke Hoffman
Don’t be intimidated by visual thinking. Start small with doodles in your own notebook or add a few hand-drawn visuals in your next PowerPoint deck.
Don’t forget that using colored Post-It Notes is a form of visualization too.
Get inspired by searching Instagram for #VisualThinking.
Finally, start building your own hand-drawn icon library by having several pre-defined shapes and images that you practice and can draw.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Grant’s website: scarlettsolutions.co.uk
Grant Wright has over 20 years’ experience of delivering and leading enterprise-scale transformation and digital service design across government and financial services sectors. He is a Principal Consultant and Director of Scarlett Solutions, a UK based consultancy specializing in business analysis/architecture, agile product management and business transformation. He actively practices Visual Thinking throughout his work and is passionate about its ability to create alignment, improve understanding and generate creative ideas.
Thank you for listening to the program
To get more valuable content to enhance your skills and advance your career, you can subscribe on iTunes and other podcatchers.
Also, reviews on iTunes are highly appreciated! I read each review and it helps keep me motivated to continue to bring you valuable content in each episode.