In this episode, Ryland Leyton shows us how to distinguish ourselves in interviews and in our career.
After listening to this episode, you'll understand:
- How to answer interview questions to demonstrate your skills and knowledge
- What answers interviewers are really looking for
- How using archetypes can distinguish you in interviews and in your career
How do you differentiate yourself from other candidates interviewing for the same position? Ryland will help you to not only ace your interview for a Business Analyst position, he’ll show you how to use the same approach to be recognized as a high performer throughout your career.
Listen to the full episode to understand how to distinguish yourself both in interviews and as your career progresses.
Take some time to think about what your value proposition is. Try to find a way to describe the reason someone should hire you in just a few sentences. If you can do that, you’re in a good position to build the rest of the conversation you’ll have with an interviewer.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ryland’s website RylandLeyton.com
- Ryland’s book, The Agile Business Analyst: Moving from Waterfall to Agile
- Previous episode with Ryland, The Agile Business Analyst
- Chicago Business Analysis Development Day (ChiBADD)
Lead Business Analyst
Ryland Leyton is a Certified Business Analysis Professional and Lead Business Analyst at Aptos Retail. He’s also an agile coach for the Atlanta IIBA nonprofit volunteer program and a frequent presenter at industry conferences. Ryland is the author of The Agile Business Analyst: Moving from Waterfall to Agile.
Thank you for listening to the program
To get more valuable content to enhance your skills and advance your career, you can subscribe on iTunes and other podcatchers.
Also, reviews on iTunes are highly appreciated! I read each review and it helps keep me motivated to continue to bring you valuable content each week.